11 September 2009

Colourful Portraits




I love these colourful portraits by Francoise Nielly, they're so good I could almost eat them. The colours are so bright and look so juicy they're kind of mouthwatering. I love how she uses colour to portray light tone and shadow and get's it so right, they almost look 3D. I wish I could paint something that looks so messy yet so perfect- something I've alyways tried to do but failed at, with my results either looking too neat or a total mess. It's interesting how she has painted the eyes with more detail than the rest of the portraits so they stand out and stare at you. 

3 comments:

  1. wow these portraits are stunning, almost mesmerising. I love the way it looks like she has just grabbed palette knife and gone crazy with it! I wonder how she manages to create such realistic visuals out of what seems like such an abstract painting technique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, are they available to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea, probably for a LOT of money!

    ReplyDelete